Check this stuff out. A hedgehog is probably not a helpful resource.
Sure is cute, though.
We need each other and we need help from many sources as we continue on the road of life. May the resources listed below help you grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord, and strengthen your faith in Him.
Search the Holy Scriptures for the wisdom of our Creator. Read the writings of His children that strive to accurately teach His Word. May these resources be of help to you.
(Remember "men at best are men at best." No matter how good a book or site may be it must always be submitted to the authority of the Bible. All men are prone to wander from the truth of our Lord. These recommendations do not imply my agreement with all you may read or hear. Be discerning with all you take into your life. Be careful to "handle accurately the Word of truth," comparing everything with His Word.)
* For great, free literature check out www.chapellibrary.org.
* One of the most helpful books for study and preparation is "Ryle's Expository Thoughts on the Gospels" by J. C. Ryle. It has proven a tremendous help as I am teaching through John. I highly recommend it. This would make a great gift.
*T4G.org - Together for the Gospel - check out the messages from this year's conference. It was great.
* gracegems.org has a wealth of great Biblical literature. I have used several of the articles as handout to our church family. I highly recommend you check it out. You will be strengthened.
* "What He Must Be ...if he wants to marry my daughter." by Voddie Baucham Jr.
This is an excellent tool to help your sons and daughters prepare for the most important earthly relationship, marriage. On page 17 he writes "I believe God has spoken rather decisively in his Word about what our daughters should look for. Moreover, I believe there are some non-negotiables that our daughters must be looking for. There are some things a man simply must be before he is qualified to assume the role of a Christian husband. For instance, he must be a Christian (2 Corinthians 6.14); he must be committed to biblical headship (Ephesians 5.23ff.); he must welcome children (Psalm 127.3-5); he must be a suitable priest (Joshua 24.15), prophet (Ephesians 6.4), protector (Nehemiah 4.13-14), and provider (1 Timothy 5.8; Titus 2.5). A man who does not possess - or at least show strong signs of - these and other basic characteristics does not meet the basic job description laid down for husbands in the Bible."
Chapters include: "The Ministry of Marriage," "A Father's Role," "Don't Send a Woman to Do a Man's Job," and "Can't Find One ... Build One."
I highly recommend this very needed and important tool to you and your family. It would make a great graduation gift for young men or women.
* "Tell the Truth, The Whole Gospel to the Whole Person by Whole People" by Will Metzger
One of the best books I have read concerning evangelism. The front cover calls this book "a training manual on the message and methods of God-centered witnessing." The chapters include: "Personal Witness as Planting and Watering," "The Gospel Reduced," "The Gospel Recovered,"Ordinary Christians Can Witness," "How to Communicate Personally." The appendixes include: "The Kind of Person God Uses in Evangelism," Learning to Say What You Mean," "How to Ask Good Questions," "Spiritual Interest Questionnaire."
* "The Power of the Pulpit" by Gardiner Spring 1785-?
This is a must read for every pastor, teacher and church leader. I highly recommend it to you. Looking for a gift? Get this book for your church leaders. Powerful. Practical. Challenging. Very important book in light of the decline of Biblical proclamation and teaching throughout our land.
"Such is the power of the pulpit, and such are the constituent elements of that power. They are the truth of which it is the vehicle; truth from the living teacher; truth uttered in the name and by the authority of God; truth accompanied with his mighty power. This is the great agency by which our lost race, in augmented numbers, is to be subdued to the faith of the Gospel." page 82
* Local churches, groups of devoted followers of the Lord Jesus Christ. There is a wealth of wisdom, love, care, compassion and support with God's people. Seek out a church that strives to understand and obey
God's Word, that strives to love Him and people. You will find a diamond mine of help with the church. Like searching for diamonds, you must diligently seek out a good church family. Ask the Lord to
direct you to the church of His choosing for you.
* crosstv.com - excellent Bible teaching on DVD & VHS
* monergism.com - full of study helps, mp3 messages, articles to help your spiritual journey
* "Spiritual Leadership" by Oswald J. Sanders - one of the best books I have ever read on the subject.
* "The Sovereignty of God" by A. W. Pink - Is your God the true God or a god fashioned by humanity to conform to man's ideas? Read this book to be challenged in your view of the real God.
* www.spurgeon.org - a site that will lead you to much literature and other useful sites
* "18 Words, the Most Important Words You Will Ever Know" by J. I. Packer - a tremendous book from page 66
"He is saving a great church through His Son Jesus Christ to glorify and enjoy Him in the renewed cosmos for ever. He has not stood aloof from humanity's distress; the incarnation and earthly life of the Son of God entering the depths of evil in all its worst forms, and Christ's victory over the personal forces of evil at Calvary was the divine achievement guaranteeing the final glorious transformation at the end of Christ's present heavenly reign."
* "The Christian Warrior" by Isaac Ambrose (1604-1663/4)
This book is 150 pages of practical instructions for the spiritual conflicts we are all involved in. It is a challenging and helpful work. I highly recommend it.
from pages 17 & 18: "Christians, be not afraid of Satan; he only a creature of limited power. Is he potent? Your Captain is omnipotent. Is he in armor? Christ can easily disarm him. He is a creature under a curse. Nothing weakens the power of a creature like God's curse. Let this encourage those that are under God's blessing and protection. Satan is a wounded and a conquered creature. Our Savior has conquered Satan for us, and He will subdue him shortly under our feet. You may now come and set your feet on his neck. Courage, Christians! The great Captain of your salvation has deprived the strong man of his armor, and has spoiled principalities and powers for you. It was for us Christ fought our enemies, and for us He conquered. Satan is a chained, cursed creature. Think of this, Christians. The devils can do nothing till God permits them; no, not so much as to enter into a herd of swine. Believe this and fight, confident of victory. Our greatest enemy is wholly in the power of our best Friend and Father. Then, of whom shall we be afraid when God fights for us? Now, brothers, we see the motives and encouragements we have to fight the Lord's battles."